Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson examines the integration of passion, perfectionism, demons, desires, artistry and control, which enabled Steve Jobs to successfully catapult Apple, Inc. to the head of the class. Here are 5 fun facts curated from the book:
- Jobs sold his VW bus and Woz sold his HP 6S calculator to start up Apple.
- Jobs and Woz considered naming their company, “Matrix,” “Executek,” and “Personal Computer, Inc,” before choosing “Apple Computers.”
- Pixar originated from The Lucas Film computer division.
- Laurene Powell (Steve Jobs’ wife) joked with Jobs that she won a raffle and the prize was dinner with him. This lead to their first date.
- Jobs’ playlist included: “I’m a Believer” – The Monkees; “Wooly Bully” – Sam the Sham; and various tunes from The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and The Rolling Stones. On his iPad: “The Autobiography of a Yogi.”
The book basically summarizes how man and machine change the world. Does the legendary Steve Jobs inspire you to put a dent in the universe? What can you do, or be a part of, to change the world?