Get inspired by the stars. As Vincent Van Gogh once said,
“For my part I know nothing
with any certainty,
but the sight of the stars
makes me dream.”
During winter, many plants and animals hibernate and spend time in a dream state. Meanwhile, beautiful stars fill the night sky, inspiring wonder and influencing our dreams. Use this Winter Banner to highlight winter activities on your blog or website.
- Using Adobe Illustrator CS5, create a new document: File/New (400px x 150px).
- Banner: Draw a blue rectangle on Layer 1. Select it.
- Roughen: Edit/Distort & Transform/Size: 5; Detail: 5
- Star: Create a star on Layer 2 with Radius 1: 50pt; Radius 2: 10pts; Points: 4
- Under the Star Tool, select the Flair Tool
- Use the flair settings in the example below:
- Reduce the flair in proportion to the star.
- Put Layer 3 (flair) under Layer 2 (star)
- Reduce the star opacity to 80%
- Blur the star: Effect/Blur/Gaussian Blur/Radius: 10px
- Text: Choose a font and type, “Winter,” on Layer 4.