Find design inspiration in using the Photoshop CS5 Spot Healing Brush with Content Aware Fill. Use this tool to remove undesirable elements from your photos, like telephone wires. Here’s what you do:
- On the layer with your image, use the pen tool to draw a line over the telephone wire. Make sure to draw directly over the wire. Zoom in for accuracy. Sometimes it helps to extend the path, on the left and right hand side of the wire, making the path a little longer than the actual wire. Also, you may want to include several points in your line path, ensuring pinpoint accuracy.
- Next, click on the Spot Healing Brush (J) and select the Content Aware Fill button. Choose a small, hard brush.
- Go to the Paths palette and click on “Stroke path with brush.” A black stroke will fill the path for a few seconds, then disappear. This should eliminate the wire from your photo.
- Delete the path from your image by hitting the delete button several times.
- Presto, no more telephone wire!
The Spot Healing Brush with Content Aware Fill quickly and easily removes telephone wires from images. I’m sure you can use this tool in other situations. Care to comment on how you use the Spot Healing Brush with Content Aware Fill?
Photo by clickwowdesigns